Callaway MD4 Wedge - Matte Black
The New Standard for Wedge Performance Mack Daddy 4 is the new standard in wedge performance, led by our innovative new groove-in-groove technology for more spin.
More Spin from Groove-In-Groove Technology
A unique suite of features and technologies promotes enhanced spin and control
- 20D Groove: The lower lofted wedges (52* and below) feature a 20D groove for consistent spin on fuller shots
- 5D Groove: The higher lofted wedges (54* and above) have an aggressive 5D groove for maximum control out of rough and around the green
If you look on the club face, you’ll see a 16-groove configuration, with a small extra “Nip-It” Groove near the leading edge for added control. On its own, that 16-groove configuration provides excellent spin and control. But we didn’t stop there. Inside of each of these main grooves, we’ve cut in a series of even more aggressive micro-grooves to increase spin significantly on a variety of grooves. So this combination of grooves PLUS micro-grooves provides 84 different contact points, instead of 16. That leads to a lot more spin.
Four Sole Grinds to Suit a Variety of Playing Styles, Attack Angles and Course Conditions
Multiple options to easily execute numerous types of shots from the fairway, rough and sand
- C-Grind: Increased relief, especially at the heel, makes it easier to play a variety of shots with the face open. Ideal for medium-to-shallow attack angles and/or rm course conditions. 8° bounce.
- S-Grind: Medium-width sole with slight ribbon at the back and moderate heel relief to keep the leading edge low through impact, promoting solid contact on open-faced shots. 10° bounce.
- W-Grind: Sole is wider at the center and toe and narrower at the heel, with moderate heel relief and generous front-to- back camber. That prevents digging without increasing bounce, and keeps the leading edge close to the turf at impact. More versatile than our previous W-Grind. 12° bounce.
- X-Grind: This new grind features a narrow, high-bounce crescent sole, with the low point near the front. Excellent for moderate-to-steep attack angles and medium-to-soft course conditions. 12° bounce.
Pro Tip: C-Grind and the new X-Grind Mack Daddy 4 wedges are ideal for golfers that like to play a variety of different shots or play at a course that offers a wide range of lies. W-Grind and S-Grind Mack Daddy 4 wedges are extremely versatile and ideal for golfers who primarily like to hit their wedge shots with a square face.
Satisfying Feel from Soft Carbon Steel, Precise CG Locations and Crisp Turf Interaction
All three elements work together to deliver to remarkable feel at impact. Our system of four weight ports and milled aluminum medallions allows us to position the head’s CG progressively upward as loft increases for solid feel on every shot.
Broad Range of Lofts and Bounce Combinations
21 loft-bounce combinations, (with available lofts from 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 and 64), the most ever for a Callaway wedge.
Our most rigorously tested and Tour-validated wedge ever, leading to a more compact shape, straighter leading edge, and tighter leading-edge radius. The tight radius makes it easy for clean contact on tight lies for maximum spin and control.
Mens Mack Daddy 4 Chrome Wedge Product Specs
|Loft||Availability||Bounce||Grind||Groove Type||Standard Length||Lie||Swing Weight|
|50°||RH / LH||10°||S-Grind||20D||35.50"||64.00°||D3|
|52°||RH / LH||10°||S-Grind||20D||35.50"||64.00°||D3|
|54°||RH / LH||10°||S-Grind||5D||35.25"||64.00°||D4|
|54°||RH / LH||12°||W-Grind||5D||35.25"||64.00°||D4|
|56°||RH / LH||10°||S-Grind||5D||35.25"||64.00°||D4|
|56°||RH / LH||12°||W-Grind||5D||35.25"||64.00°||D4|
|56°||RH / LH||8°||C-Grind||5D||35.25"||64.00°||D4|
|58°||RH / LH||10°||S-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|58°||RH / LH||12°||W-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|58°||RH / LH||8°||C-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|58°||RH / LH||12°||X-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|60°||RH / LH||10°||S-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|60°||RH / LH||12°||W-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|60°||RH / LH||8°||C-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|
|60°||RH / LH||12°||X-Grind||5D||35.00"||64.00°||D4|